LOUISVILLE, KY -- More than 200 guests, including dignitaries, area chambers of commerce representatives and the greater Louisville community celebrated the grand opening of The Lamplight at Morning Pointe Alzheimer's Center of Excellence early memory care community, located at 4701 S. Hurstbourne Pkwy.
The early memory care center completes Phase II of the senior living campus and joins the existing Morning Pointe of Louisville personal care and The Lantern Alzheimer's memory care community to offer a continuum of care for seniors in the Louisville area.
Alzheimer’s, dementia and memory care services available on the campus include:
· More options for seniors experiencing various levels of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
o The Lamplight Program – an expansive environment designed for residents in the early to moderate stages of cognitive decline
o The Lantern Program – at Morning Pointe next door, offers an intimate environment for seniors needing greater levels of assistance
· Individual care plans coordinated by licensed nurses with area healthcare providers
· Oversight of health, wellness and medication administration by licensed nurses
· Culinary excellence featuring fresh, local produce served daily with dietician oversight in a restaurant-style setting
· Full life enrichment activity program including regular outings, service projects and engaging community partnerships
· Licensed clinical staff available 24 hours a day
· On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy services
· Programs including SimpleC™memory care technology, Music Matters and our Meaningful Day™ purposeful and personal programming
In addition to the Louisville senior care campus, Morning Pointe offers personal care and Alzheimer’s memory care services in nine other locations in Kentucky, including Danville, Frankfort (2), Lexington (3), Richmond and Russell (2).